Here is a nifty trick to ensure your bubbly will never explode when you pop the cork. This should make you look like quite the host when you toast in the New Year tonight! From all of us, Happy New Year and many happy returns!
1. Keep your sparkling wine extra cold (but don’t freeze it!) The colder the wine is, the less pressure it will have.
2. Remove the foil and untwist the tab with 6 rotations. Leave the cage and cork together.
3. While holding the cage and cork firmly with one hand, rotate the base of the bottle.
4. Apply resistance as the cage and cork push out so the wine opens with a slow “pffffft!”
5. Hold bottle at a 45° angle so that bottle pressure doesn’t bubble out.