Our favourite food blogger Ilse van der Merwe from The Food Fox came up with this exotic dish which we think pairs perfectly with a floral Viognier like our Excelsior Viognier 2014. As Ilse says, be sure to look for soft apricots, not the hard ones.
Turkish apricots with goats cheese, basil, almonds and honey
1. In a medium bowl, mix the cheeses with a wooden spoon or electric beaters until well combined.
2. Wash and dry the basil leaves, then chop finely and add to the cheese. Mix through.
3. With a small spatula or knife, smear each dried apricot with a good dollop of the cheese.
4. Roughly chop the almonds and scatter over the apricot canapés.
5. Liberally drizzle with honey and serve.