- one fresh trout fillet, about 350g
- 1 cup water
- 20 ml powdered gelatine
- 1/2 cup cooled chicken stock
- juice of a small lemon
- a large handful of chives/dill/parsley,chopped
- 250 g plain cream cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cream, whipped
- thin cucumber slices and green leaves, to serve
- Place the trout fillet and water in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Close the lid and simmer for about 8 minutes until the trout is just cooked. Remove the fish from the water and leave to cool slightly, the remove the skin and bones and flake the meat.
- In a cup, mix the gelatine and chicken stock, then leave to sponge for 10 minutes. Transfer to a small saucepan and heat while stirring to melt the gelatine without boiling. When melted, remove from the heat to cool slightly.
- In the bowl of your food processor, add the flaked fish, cooled gelatine mixture, lemon juice, herbs and cream cheese. Process to a smooth pulp, then season generously with salt & pepper.
- Now add this mixture to the whipped cream and fold in gently to mix thoroughly. Transfer the mixture to your fish mold (sprayed with a non-stick spray), then cover with plastic wrap and leave to set in the refrigerator for 3-6 hours.
- Dip the mold on the outside in hot water for about 3 seconds, then carefully turn out on a large plate. Decorate with cucumber slices and greenery, then serve with crackers.