Create a superhealthy supper with these light, Asian-style fish cakes and sweet potato chips. Serve with Excelsior Viognier.
Why is this the right wine choice? Viognier latches onto to ginger with enthusiasm and has an affinity for Asian style food.
To serve 6 you will need:
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into chips
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 x 140g/5oz skinless salmon fillets
- thumbnail-size piece ginger, grated
- zest 1 lime, plus wedges to serve
- ½ bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise mixed with wasabi (optional)
What to do…
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the chips in a roasting tin with 1 tsp oil. Season and bake for 20-25 mins.
- Chop the salmon as finely as you can and place in a bowl with the ginger, lime zest and seasoning. Heat 1 tsp oil in a non-stick pan and soften the spring onions for 2 mins. Stir into the salmon, mix well and shape into 4 patties.
- Heat remaining oil in the pan and cook the patties for 3-4 mins each side until golden and cooked through. Cover with a lid and leave to rest for a few mins. Serve 2 patties each with the chips, mayo and lime wedges for squeezing.
Adapted from Good Food Magazine