This Goan-style mild dish can be whipped up in a hurry for a delicious kitchen supper. Serve with Excelsior Chardonnay.
To serve 4 you will need
- 250g basmati rice
- 3 heaped tbsp mild curry paste, such as korma
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 400g can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 140g frozen fine green beans
- 400g frozen coley, or other white fish, defrosted and chopped into fairly large chunks
- ½ bunch spring onions, sliced
What to do:
1. Cook the rice following pack instructions. Meanwhile, heat the curry paste with a splash of water in a frying pan with a lid. Add the onion and gently cook until soft. Pour in the coconut milk and crumble on the stock cube. Simmer to make a smooth sauce, adding a splash of water if it’s too thick.
2. Stir in the beans, then top with the fish. Cover and simmer for 10-12 mins until the fish is just cooked through. Drain the rice, halve it, letting the other half cool for tomorrow – chill once cool. Sprinkle the curry with the spring onions and serve with the rice.
Recipe adapted from Good Food magazine