To serve 2 you will need:
- 400g new potatoes
- 250g carrots cut into big chunks
- 1 tbsp oil, plus a little more for the lamb
- 1 sprig rosemary, leaves chopped
- 100ml red wine
- 100ml lamb stock, (from a cube is fine)
- redcurrant jelly
- 4 lamb chops, or cutlets
- green beans, or other veg, to serve
What to do:
Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Put the potatoes and carrots onto a baking tray, toss with the oil and rosemary, then season well. Roast for 15 mins on the top shelf until the veg is golden and almost tender.
Meanwhile, make the gravy. Put the wine and stock into a small pan, then boil until reduced by about two-thirds. Stir in the redcurrant jelly, season and keep warm.
Rub the lamb in a little oil, then season. Tuck the lamb in amongst the veg, then return to the oven for 8-10 mins, turning the lamb halfway through. Serve with the redcurrant gravy and some green veg.
From BBC Good Food