For a curry without the calories try replacing the cream with yoghurt. Serve with Excelsior Chardonnay.
Why is this the right wine choice? When lightly wooded (as Excelsior Chardonnay) Chardonnay can stand up to rich foods such as poultry in a creamy sauce and mild korma.
To serve 4 you will need
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- thumb-sized piece ginger, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp korma paste
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 50g ground almonds, plus extra to serve (optional)
- 4 tbsp sultanas
- 400ml chicken stock
- ¼ tsp golden caster sugar
- 150g pot 0% fat Greek yogurt
- small bunch coriander, chopped
What to do:
- Put the onion, garlic and ginger in a food processor and whizz to a paste. Tip the paste into a large high-sided frying pan with 3 tbsp water and cook for 5 mins. Add the korma paste and cook for a further 2 mins until aromatic.
- Stir the chicken into the sauce, then add the ground almonds, sultanas, stock and sugar. Give everything a good mix, then cover and simmer for 10 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the yogurt and some seasoning, then scatter over the coriander and flaked almonds, if using. Serve with brown or white basmati rice.
Recipe adapted from Good Food magazine