This is a super speedy healthy supper to warm you up on a chilly evening. Serve with Excelsior Viognier.
Why is this the right wine choice? Viognier latches onto to ginger with enthusiasm and has an affinity with thai style food.
To serve 4 you will need:
- 900ml chicken or vegetable stock (or Miso soup mix)
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, about 175g/6oz
- 1 tsp chopped fresh root ginger
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 50g rice or wheat noodles
- 2 tbsp sweetcorn, canned or frozen
- 2-3 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, shredded
- 2 tsp soy sauce, plus extra for serving
- mint or basil leaves and a little shredded chilli (optional), to serve
What to do:
- Pour the stock into a pan and add the chicken, ginger and garlic. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, partly cover and simmer for 20 mins, until the chicken is tender.
- Remove the chicken to a board and shred into bite-size pieces using a couple of forks.
- Return the chicken to the stock with the noodles, corn, mushrooms, half the spring onions and the soy sauce.
- Simmer for 3-4 mins until the noodles are tender.
- Ladle into two bowls and scatter over the remaining spring onions, herbs and chilli shreds if using. Serve with extra soy sauce for sprinkling.
Adapted from Good Food Magazine