This is a super speedy healthy supper and you don’t need to resort to bottled sauces. Serve with Excelsior Viognier.
Why is this the right wine choice? The highly aromatic and fruit forward nature of Viognier work very well with Thai food. It latches onto to ginger with enthusiasm and the muskiness of Viognier also leads to an affinity with mushrooms.
To serve 4 you will need:
- 4 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 400g beef rump steak, thinly sliced across the grain into ½cm thick pieces
- finger-tip length chunk fresh ginger, chopped
- 300g spring greens, sliced
- 150g pack chestnut mushrooms , sliced
What to do:
- Mix the sauces together and set aside. Heat a wok until smoking hot, add 1 tsp oil, then stir-fry the meat until browned all over. Remove the meat, then wipe the wok clean.
- Add a little more oil. Stir-fry the ginger until golden, then add the spring greens and mushrooms. Cook for 3 mins, stirring often, then add the steak and soy sauce mixture.
- Cook for 3-4 more mins until the sauce has thickened a little and everything is warmed through.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
Adapted from Good Food Magazine