A classic recipe for a cosy night in. Serve with Excelsior Chardonnay.
Why is this the right wine choice? When lightly wooded (as Excelsior Chardonnay) Chardonnay can stand up to rich foods like pasta, poultry and fish in creamy sauces. It works particularly well with creamy dishes.
To serve 4 you will need:
- 350g farfalle pasta
- 200g tub light soft cheese
- squeeze lemon juice
- 145g pack gravalax torn into pieces, or smoked salmon trimmings
- bunch chives , snipped
What to do:
- Cook the pasta following pack instructions.
- Once it’s cooked, drain, reserving some of the water, and tip it back into the pan. Add the soft cheese, lemon juice and gravadlax or smoked salmon with some pepper and mix well.
- Add a little of the pasta water to help form a creamy sauce, and heat through.
- Add most of the chives, stir, and divide the pasta mixture between bowls. Serve with the remaining chives scattered on top.
Recipe adapted from Good Food magazine