It seems everyone is talking about horse’s this week so we thought we’d share this interesting Thai receipe! Serve with Excelsior Viognier.
Why is this the right wine choice? The highly aromatic and fruit forward nature of Viognier work very well with Thai food.
To serve 18 you will need:
- vegetable oil
- 8 shallots , finely sliced
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp palm sugar or light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 small fresh pineapple or 4 rings from a tin, cut into cubes
- 1 lime
- 1 red chilli , sliced finely
- handful coriander leaves
What to do:
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry the shallots until they brown.
- Reduce the heat and add the peanut butter, sugar and soy sauce and stir until the sugar has melted. The mixture should be sweet and salty so add a little salt if you need to.
- Arrange the pineapple cubes on a plate and put a heaped tsp of mixture on each.
- Top each with a squeeze of lime, a piece of chilli and a coriander leaf.
Adapted from Olive Magazine