Ok, you probably couldn’t make this your entire supper but it is a delicious, healthy and easy starter! The ingredients are kept to a minimum to keep it fresh and unfussy. Serve with Excelsior Chardonnay.
Why is this the right wine choice? When lightly wooded (as Excelsior Chardonnay) works particularly well with creamy dishes like this chunky guacamole.
To serve 8 you will need:
- 1 large ripe tomato or a handful of cherry tomatos
- 3 avocados, very ripe but not bruised
- juice 1 large lime
- handful coriander , leaves and stalks chopped, plus a few leaves, roughly chopped, to serve
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 chilli, red or green, deseeded and finely chopped
- tortilla chips , to serve (or plain kettle chips)
- Use a large knife to pulverise the tomato/s to a pulp on a board, then tip into a bowl.
- Halve and stone the avocados (save a stone) and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh into the bowl with the tomato.
- Tip all the other ingredients into the bowl, then season with salt and pepper.
- Roughly mash everything together.
- If not serving straight away, put an avocado stone in the guacamole which will help to stop it going brown.
- Scatter with the coriander.
Adapted from Good Food magazine