This is a quick and easy recipe ideal for a Friday night at home or entertaining. Serve with Excelsior Cabernet Sauvignon.
Why is this the right wine choice? Two herbs are madly in love with Cabernet Sauvignon: rosemary and thyme. Cabernet Sauvignon goes very well with uncluttered food like this straight forward pork chop recipe – good quality ingredients, simply prepared.
To serve 4 you will need:
- 2 spare rib pork chops
- 3/4 cloves of garlic–squashed, peeled and halved
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
What to do:
- Heat the over to 200C/ 400F
- Dribble some olive oil and sprinkle some crushed salt on a shallow oven tray.
- Scatter over a couple of the crushed garlic cloves and place the chops on top.
- Season salt and pepper.
- Strip the rosemary needles from the stem over the chops. Do the same with the thyme (not so easily done!).
- Dribble more olive oil over the tray.
- Put it in the higher part of the oven for about twenty minutes.
- The cooking time depends on the thickness of the chop – when they’re cooked the juices should run clear.
- Serve with potatoes and red cabbage.
From Robin Ellis