A super smart, good value supper for two, with added veg to make it healthier. Serve with Excelsior Chardonnay.
Why is this the right wine choice? When lightly wooded (as Excelsior Chardonnay) Chardonnay can stand up to rich foods like pasta, poultry and fish in creamy sauces. It works particularly well with creamy dishes.
To serve 2 you will need:
- 70g pack cubetti di pancetta (or bacon/ lardons)
- 2 medium courgettes , grated
- 1 clove of garlic , crushed
- 1 egg yolk
- 5 tbsp single cream
- 30g Parmesan , finely grated
- 150g fettuccine (fresh would be best if you can get it)
- Cook the pancetta (or bacon) in a dry, non-stick pan until crisp and golden (it’ll give off enough fat to cook itself).
- Add the courgette and garlic and cook for 8 minutes or until the courgette is softened. Make sure the garlic is properly cooked or it will be overpowering.
- Whisk the egg, cream and Parmesan and season with pepper.
- Cook the pasta following the pack instructions, then lift out of water with tongs straight into the courgette pan.
- Toss well over the heat then take off the heat and toss with the egg/ cream mix, adding 2-3 tbsp of the pasta water until you have a nice emulsified sauce.
We’d love to know what you think!