- With a high national unemployment rate, at Excelsior grapes are harvested by hand only due to the social responsibility that they have towards their longstanding labour force.
- There is a rugby field on the farm, which is the home of the “Evergreen Team”, which is 100 years old
- The hall is used as a church
- The honey produced on the farm, known as “Hendrick’s Honey” is a BEE project.
- The Farm Workers also managed their own cattle on the farm.
- A full time remedial teacher, who teaches at the school 4 days a week, is paid by Excelsior.
- The Farm Workers run their own stall on the farm during the “Whacky Wine Weekend”.